How do I apply with Personnel Plus?

You can visit one of our office locations and complete an application in person, or you can apply for any number of job openings on our website.  You will first create an account, which allows us to store your personal information and resume if you choose to submit one.  It also allows you to log in anytime to update your information.  You will then need to submit your employment application to apply for a job.

After submitting an application, please stop by our office for an interview.  Make sure to bring valid, unexpired identification with you for your I9 form (call our office if you have questions). The complete application and interview process can take about an hour.

How do I get a job?

When a company or homeowner gives us an order for a job, we begin contacting qualified individuals who have current applications in our database. When we call you, we will share basic information about the assignment, such as the location of the job, workdays and hours, the pay rate, and job description.  If you accept the position, we’ll ask you to stop by our office for an orientation, where you’ll be provided with all the details necessary to be successful at your new job!

How long do assignments usually last?

The length of assignments varies from one to another and can be as short as a few hours, or as long as an ongoing job. You may also receive an opportunity to be hired by the client company as their full-time employee. Before accepting an assignment, please make sure you are able to work the full length of the job.  Once an assignment ends, it is important to notify us so that we can keep your file current.

Is there a charge for Personnel Plus services?

There are no fees for our services.

How do I get paid?

We process payroll weekly, biweekly, and semi-monthly depending on the client company you work for.  Most employees are required to fill out and turn in a time-sheet to our office at the end of the pay period.  You may receive your wages by paper check, which may be picked up at our office, mailed, or delivered to the client company, depending on where you work. You may also opt to set up a direct deposit to your bank account, or an electronic pay-card, available at your Personnel Plus office.

Who is my employer?

When we send you to a client’s job, Personnel Plus becomes the employer of record. This means that we take care of your payroll taxes, workers’ compensation, and unemployment insurance.  Any client who asks you questions about your employment or their agreement with Happy Housekeepers should be directed to Personnel Plus.

What is the Hazard Communication Standard?

The Hazard Communication Standard implements the “Right to Know” Act related to the workplace. This code sets requirements for the provision of information and training with hazardous chemicals used in the workplace. Federal law requires all states to comply with hazard communication regulations.

What should I do if I am injured while working?

Personnel Plus maintains workers’ compensation insurance for all of our employees. Please inform your job site supervisor immediately if you are injured at work.  If you need to seek medical treatment, you must be seen by an approved provider.  You must also complete a  “First Report of Injury” form within one business day of the incident.  Call the Personnel Plus office for information.

Do you have a drug and alcohol policy?

Yes. The use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace creates a danger for all those involved. Your safety and the safety of others are always in question if drugs and alcohol are present.  We perform pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug testing.  Personnel Plus and Happy Housekeepers are drug-free workplaces!